"It's one thing to provide people with a natural sun protection that works, but to cocreate something that is completely non toxic to our precious oceans, highly regenerative of the skin and so easy to use that it shocks people - that's been the greatest pleasure" - Brad, founder of ATG Health & artisan of No Funny Business Zinc Balm
Zinc Balm was created with the intention of being much more than your average SPF moisturiser. We wanted to create a product that was 100% handmade, reef safe, human safe, smelt fantastic, is easy to apply and contains only non-toxic, ethically sourced ingredients that people can trust.
Whats different about 'No Funny Business' Zinc Balm?
Its appropriately coined as it contains absolutely zero nasty chemicals! Its been 3 years since we launched this product and we are proud to say it's been all that we hoped for. Below are some of its best features:
- Easy to use application
- Offers significant sun protection when applied to the skin tone of most people
- Is very moisturising for the skin without being sticky or thick in any way
- Contains a rare flower extract called Helichrysum (aka 'sun gold')
- Doesn't damage our coral reefs
- Doesn't sting your eyes or run off the skin with sweat or water
- Instantly waterproof thanks to beeswax
- Can be used to heal sunburn and rashes
- Can be used as makeup foundation or primer
- Won't stain your clothes if used correctly
This new 'Light' blend has the additional new ingredients of Carrot Seed Oil, Peppermint oil and Lavender Oil.
Benefits of Carrot Seed Oil:
· Blocks UV rays as a natural sunscreen (SPF of 38-40)
· Skin Repairing & regenerating
· Decreases sun damage
· Antioxidant & therefore anti-aging properties
· Moisturizing for dry, dull skin
· Improves complexion
· Naturally balances the skin
· Increases skin elasticity & firmness
How chemical sunscreens impact you & the environment
Rea our blog post which delves into the sun, vitamin D, Melanin & sunscreens to help paint the picture in laymans terms for everyday aussies - Click Here to read.
How long does it last?
Over 3 years we have sold just about every tin of No Funny Business personally and we ask people all the time, how long did it last. We always get a resounding "so much longer than i suspected, you just don't need to use much!" Based on 3 years of feedback we can tell you...
If you use the product everyday on your face, exposed arms and neck it should last you:
1 person = 12-14 weeks
2 persons = 6-8 weeks
3 persons = 4 - 6 weeks
4 persons = 4 weeks
Our sun protection inventions have not been lab tested to determine their exact SPF rating, which is why we don't make any claims. We prefer real people and real skin to tell us how effective they are, but just to be sure we use 30% non-nano zinc oxide and other wonderful ingredients that are well known for their ability to protect you from too much UV exposure. You can always read our testimonials for validation or consider our chosen ingredients and form your own opinion!